Children & Young People
I work with young people from the age of 11 years.
Some of the difficulties young people experience can include:
- Problems with friends and friendship groups
- School avoidance or refusal
- Low self-esteem
- Parental separation or family problems
- Anger Management
- Eating disorders
- Loss – of a family member, of a friend, of a beloved pet
- Abuse – emotional, sexual, physical, verbal
Ideally, I will meet with the young person and a parent for an initial session when we can talk through any issues and the reasons for seeking counselling. If the young person would like to continue with sessions we can then arrange this. The sessions will be with the young person and will be confidential. I encourage communication between the young person and their parents/carers where it would be helpful but I wouldn’t break confidentiality unless there’s a risk of serious harm which needs to be communicated in the interests of their safety or the safety of others.